Work Schedule: Monday 8am - 4:30pmLearn more about this agency
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Contract Specialist/PD44195A
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
This recruitment is for Five position with Office of Procurement, Acquisition, and Logistics - Strategic Acquisition Center located at 10300 Spotsylvania Ave, Suite 400, Fredericksburg, VA
The purpose of this position is to serve as a Contract Specialist for the US Department of Veterans Affairs with responsibility for performing professional work involving the procurement of supplies and services using procedures outlined in the Federal Acquisition Regulations, VA Acquisition Regulations, Public Laws, and Agency policy:
- Assist in the administration, coordination and preparation of all contract functions required in support of Community Care Network (CCN) under the guidance and direction of a Supervisory Contracting Specialist.
- Assist the Supervisory Contract Specialist on various, and voluminous, contract modifications that will be required as the VA Mission Act is implemented and changes throughout the life of the contract.
- Assist with the statistical analysis of contract data and contract usage, price and cost analysis, performance and risk analysis, as well as implementation and quality assurance reporting; developing briefs based on data / information collected.
- Utilize electronic systems for contract writing (i.e. Electronic Contract Management System (eCMS)).
- Contract management, contract reporting (i.e. Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS)), financial management (i.e. Integrated Funds Control Point Activity (IFCAP)), in accordance with Agency policies.
- Responsible for selecting the appropriate method of procurement i.e. simplified acquisition procedures, sealed-bidding, negotiations.
- Responsible for advertising all applicable requirements and preparing the solicitations document using agency contract writing systems for issuance, insuring regulatory and legal sufficiency, and promoting maximum competition.
- Coordinates with the appropriate Offices or Small Business Administration (SBA) Small Business liaison on matters relevant to all aspects of socioeconomic goal requirements.
- Identifies appropriate negotiation team members; formulates pre-negotiation objectives; and facilitates the negotiation as the team leader and chief negotiator.
- Conducts negotiations for competitive and noncompetitive procurements. Conducts cost and/or price analysis offerors' proposals, reviews auditors'' reports for adequacy of analysis and conclusions, and considers all information in developing an overall pricing negotiation strategy.
- Prepares detailed price negotiation memoranda, outlining in writing the details of negotiations with contractors in competitive and noncompetitive negotiations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
travel to work sites is required there may be light physical work required, such as walking over uneven surfaces, or assisting technical personnel in taking measurements or elevations.
NOTE: Fredericksburg, VA the established duty location(s) for this position; however, if employees are not located within the commuting area, temporary telework/remote work may be authorized due to the current COVID pandemic, with the expectation that the employee will need to relocate to the duty location of the position by a date specified in the future.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614213200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.