The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) has adopted the HR Modernization and Shared Services Implementation. This improvement to HR service delivery will best support the needs of the VISN's diverse workforce and the expectations of management related to consistent execution of HR-related administrative functions to benefit both staff and Veterans.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy will remain open until filled. The first cut-off date is 9/28/2021. Additional applications will be referred as needed.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
This position support VISN 17's Human Resources Shared Service Unit (SSU) for Recruitment & Placement activities.
Recruitment and Placement
- Recruits for VISN high profile positions to include quad level, HR, Fiscal, Engineering, Clinical Contact Center, Caregiver Support Program, etc. providing executive level consultation and guidance.
- Assists in coordination with all SSU and SBU HR sections to expedite recruitment and onboarding.
- Utilize the Guide to Processing Personnel Actions to codes all personnel actions associated with assigned services.
- Evaluating applications and resumes using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and Veterans Administration (VA) qualification standards, verifying eligibility, and rating/ranking applicants.
- Adjudicating and making decisions on applicant appeals and agency's request to pass over (or objects to) eligible(s) certified.
- Providing input to the immediate supervisor on final decisions.
- As authorized by OPM, he/she is responsible for drafting and preparing announcement(s); evaluating, rating and ranking applications; adjudicates Veteran's preference; updating various logs, maintaining active and inactive files and pending files, etc.; issues Notice of Ratings (NORs); and issues and audits certificate of eligibles.
- Preparing or editing final drafts, examination announcement, recruiting plans, rating schedules and qualification inquiry forms in subject matter areas which the qualification and methods for their determination involve difficulty in definition and development; reviewing work of this nature done by lower staff, as requested by the supervisor.
- Collaboratively evaluating trends in missions, technology, manpower, fiscal resources and other factors influencing future needs.
- Coordinating with advisory staff to obtain management information.
- Advising staff on difficult and unusual recruitment, placement and pay issues or problems.
- Coordinating with leadership stakeholders, to include local, regional and national leadership throughout the entire recruitment process.
- Advising on the selection of SMEs and the rating panel process.
- Providing management advisory services in conformance with established criteria to resolve conventional problems that arise in administering an applicant recruitment.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible: Will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Telework: Will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Virtual: Will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (R&P)/PD99989-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Not a Bargaining Unit position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614213100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.