THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1636000 and is part of the OH 179 Airlift Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain, troubleshoot, remove, repair, install, certify, test and perform operational checks on the turboprop engines, propellers, and associated propulsion system components.
As an AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC, WG-8602-10, you will perform the following duties:
1) Removes, installs, certifies, repairs, modifies, overhauls, and installs turboprop engines, reduction gear boxes, turbine modules, compressor modules, auxiliary power units, propellers and related propeller components as required.
2) Modifies engines, propellers, auxiliary power units, and components in accordance with Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) directives; removes and installs engine quick change kits; prepares engines for installation and installs engine and propeller assemblies on aircraft.
3) Performs operational checks of installed propellers, engines, auxiliary power units and sub-systems during aircraft maintenance ground runs in accordance with approved checklists. Employs test equipment such as computer borescope, fuel pressure gauges, air pressure gauges, and alignment fixtures. Utilizes special tools and precision measuring equipment, high-pressure hydraulic test equipment, and electronic test equipment.
4) Performs isochronal and special evaluations on engines, propellers and auxiliary power units. Interprets certification findings and determines adequacy of corrective action. Certifies installed and repaired engines for compliance with technical publications.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: D1636000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614198400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.