The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as a Training Instructor.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) may be used to fill other Training Instructor, GS-1712-9 positions within the FRTIB in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FRTIB-21-MP-035-11235050 under Merit Promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
The major duties of the position are:
- Participates in the administration and coordination of TSP training program activities, including training and briefings for agency and uniformed services offices and for FRTIB employees and contractors.
- Provides training to groups ranging in size from 20 to 1000 people on-site and several hundred more via video-teleconferencing technologies. Operates DL Classroom equipment to include the workstations, projector, multimedia control panel, VTC, Multiple Channel Unit Bridge and secure VTC, as needed.
- Assists with the updating of workshops pertaining to the Thrift Savings Plan. Determines appropriate instructional techniques for use at conferences, fairs, lecture, on-line instruction, and job aids. Develops visual aids as necessary and/or uses existing material.
- Analyzes teaching and training methods, keeping abreast of latest developments as they pertain to subject matter and supplementing changes as they occur. Conducts surveys to determine Thrift Savings Plan participant and beneficiaries' training needs to create new courses and modify existing ones. Reviews the use of training aids, instructional techniques and supporting materials to enhance the learner experience.
- Updates electronic records of training scheduled and conducted with, attendance, classroom conduct, student learning, and student satisfaction.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or other Agency officials.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614162800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.