The VHA has adopted the HR Modernization and Shared Services Implementation, which is a new model of organizing and consolidating essential HR functions and services. This improvement to HR service delivery will support the needs of the Veterans Integrated Services Network (VISN) diverse workforce and the expectations of management. This streamlined and focused approach moves VHA forward in its continuum of providing comprehensive, compassionate, and coordinated care to Veterans.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Health Systems Specialist and is responsible for conducting analytical reviews, managing and tracking data, and serving as an advisor to VAMC leadership on key processes related to the Credentialing and Privileging (C&P) program of the VAMC. The incumbent is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and update of Focused Professional Practice Evaluations (FPPE) and Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluations (OPPE) monitoring systems in support of all divisions of the VAMC; for providers in full-time, part-time, temporary, intermittent, contract, without compensation (WOC) and fee basis appointments in accordance with VHA C&P directives, handbooks and policies; Joint Commission (TJC) Standards; and State and Federal Regulations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes clinical evaluation plans to assure that they meet standards and are thorough and appropriate to measure and document the clinical competence of the Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP).
- Assembles complete packages for Medical Staff Committee Process.
- Gathers, analyzes, documents and tracks program data from beginning to end ensuring program compliance.
- Conducts analytical assessments for program processes and procedures; and manages data collection and reporting outcomes.
- Participates in the development of OPPE, FPPE and privilege forms.
- Generates and analyzes facility Report Cards.
- Identifies issues and recommends corrective actions to supervisor, VAMC leaders, or administrative support personnel as appropriate and estimates compliance timelines for resolution.
- Evaluates Joint Commission standards, Federal and State Regulations, and new VA directives, memos, policies, notices and procedures and determines their impact on the FPPE and OPPE and other key components of the C&P program.
- Ensures initiation, completion and compliance of FPPE and OPPE clinical evaluations to include providing guidance and assistance in accordance with all requirements and standards and monitoring the evaluations' status.
- Conducts audits on provider time-limited credentials, provider C&P two part folders, the provider exit review monitoring system, privileging documents, the FPPE and OPPE tracking systems, credentialing program training requirements, telehealth providers monitoring system, and any Committee recommended actions.
- Manages special projects for new program initiatives and requirements and for process improvements and changes; provides data analysis support; leads in implementation practices and procedures.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Health System Specialist (Credentialing & Privileging)/PD99877S
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
PCS Appraised Value Offer (AVO):
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614142900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.