This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Head of the Digital Combat Systems Branch (Code V14) within the Integrated Combat Systems Department, Future Combat Systems Division of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division.
- You will perform the full range of supervisory functions and duties for a diverse group of engineers, scientists, and technicians in an evolving branch-sized technical organization.
- You will plan, coordinate, and direct multiple complex engineering and scientific projects in a teaming environment (including contractor coordination).
- You will interact with senior managers throughout DoD, private industry, Joint and other programs.
- You will perform key leadership functions, such as defining a branch vision, working with sponsors as necessary, motivating the workforce, leading change where necessary, etc.
- You will maintains a branch budget and ensure adequate funding and facilities are available for all branch personnel.
- You will communicate orally and in writing with both internal and external stakeholders, partners, and sponsoring organizations at all levels up to and including Flag/SES.
- You will ensure that branch tasking is fulfilled with quality products on schedule and within budget.
- You will act as a primary stakeholder in the underlying combat systems and systems engineering projects that support the service.
- You will develop and maintain strategic plans.
- You will develop methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts.
- You will gather feedback on customer satisfaction and internal service performance to foster continual improvement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614126200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.