OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the Oscar G. Johnson VAMC, Iron Mountain, MI, and is being realigned to provide direct support and assistance to the Chief of Staff (COS) regarding program and policy development, change, and implementation. The incumbent interfaces with both clinical and administrative staff and facilitates the accomplishment of Medical Center objectives to top VHA management.
- Provides full staff assistance on administrative matters affecting patient care, education and organizational policy including acting as a staff member directly supporting the top management team, and responsible for planning, organization, development, direction and evaluation or medical center operations.
- Provides full staff assistance to the Chief of Staff on administrative management of a health care delivery system in developing data necessary for decisions that must be made with respect to the value of professional services being provided by salaried professionals, professional level FTEE required, and the value of contractual arrangements for professional services.
- Possess or be willing to obtain necessary training to directly access commonly used VHA databases such as KLF/VSSC/Proclarity and will create reports.
- Works with Credentialing and Privileging (C&P) Manager in assuring that credentialing and privileging process works efficiently and enhancements are made as required.
- Assist the Chief of Staff in developing data needed to assure quality of patient care at the hospital site and outreach clinics of the VHA by working with the COS, Performance Improvement (PI), OI&T, clinical service chiefs, and the Compliance Officer.
- Assist in management of professional training programs.
- Reviews all patient complaints, proactively, identify problems which need to come to the attention of the Chief of Staff.
- Meet with individual patients that pose particularly difficult problems rising to the level of upper management or arrange for meetings between the Chief of Staff and such patients
- Use word processing applications to create documents and forward the products electronically to secretarial staff for final processing and distribution.
- Coordinate the clinical services referral program in cooperation with Patient Administration Service
- Other duties as assigned.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Full-time; Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Health Systems Specialist (Chief of Staff)/PD10196O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614119100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.