This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) Section 1109 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 amended Section 9905 of title 5, United State Code (U.S.C.) to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Serve as a Regulatory Specialist providing advice to potential applicants/permittees concerning regulatory requirements, including jurisdiction, processing and evaluation of project approval.
- Personally conducts the evaluation of applications for permits, and the modification of permits, for activities or work in waters of the United States.
- Provide advice to potential applicants/permittees concerning regulatory requirements, including jurisdiction, processing and evaluation, and the likelihood of project approval.
- Determine appropriate type of authorization for proposed projects in support of mission.
- Responsible for preparing detailed site evaluations to establish base environmental conditions including delineation of wetlands.
- Responsible for Preparing public notices and/or making preparations for public hearings to include analysis of the full range of public interest review (PIR) factors outlined in 33 CFR 320.4.
- Personally monitors compliance with permits and conducts the investigation of unauthorized work, developing and recommending resolution of enforcement actions.
- Assist with the development and implementation of programmatic initiatives and requirements.
- Advise lower grade employees on procedural aspects of the regulatory program.
- Serves as an incidental motor vehicle operator.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614079100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.