You will serve as the Deputy Director for Warfare Integration, providing technical leadership and executive level oversight of Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division's (NSWCDD) and the Navy's technical capabilities across the spectrum of surface ship engagement, combat, and fire control systems for which NSWCDD is responsible.Learn more about this agency
- You will lead the development and implementation of state-of-the-art engineering practices, processes and tools that have a direct bearing on the research and development efforts for the NSWCDD product lines.
- You will maintain an active role in identifying and leading areas of technical investment, performing technical assessment of related technologies, and directly infusing technical rigor into the technical development cycle.
- You will be responsible for providing broad oversight and direction to the research, development, test and evaluation (RDTE) community, guiding the technical research by means of periodic reviews, briefings, reports and observations.
- You will provide technical direction and lead multi-disciplinary teams and tasking across NSWCDD departments and product lines to accomplish research and development work.
- You will lead the development and application of kill-chain and kill-web analysis to optimize weapon performance and address requirements for mission success.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614058500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.