About the Position: This position is for a GS-12 Auditor, working for the Internal Review Office with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Rock Island District.Learn more about this agency
*Announcement closing date extended to October 4, 2021.
- As a senior auditor, performs the most difficult internal review work and coordinates matrixed audit teams.
- Utilizes professional accounting and audit skills to maintain oversight for implementing appropriate laws, directives, and regulations of internal control programs and procedures.
- Provides recommendations in the solution of accounting and operational problems.
- Implements regulations, procedures, and analyses of automated systems.
- Audits automated accounting and financial systems to identify the need for changes.
- Performs complex professional audit activities involved in the analysis of accounting records.
- Applies a wide range of evaluation techniques (such as interviews, statistical analysis, and questionnaires) in gathering, documenting, and summarizing data from studies.
- Evaluates the validity of findings identified by external audit agencies.
- Performs a variety of assignments that are without precedent and that require considerable ingenuity in devising an approach.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 15% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614057500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.