This position is located in the Environmental & Social Performance (ESP) Practice Group, Department of Compact Operations (DCO), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 3b/3a which is generally equal to GS-14/15.
The first cutoff date for referral of applicants is 9/24/2021. If no selection is made, applications will be referred until a selection is made or on the closing date.
As the Associate Director/Director, Environmental & Social Performance (ESP) you will report to MCC's Global Practice Leader for Environmental & Social Performance and serve as a member of MCC's ESP Practice Group. You will collaborate with MCC staff and partner country counterparts to help promote sound environmental and social performance of MCC-funded activities and ensure compliance with MCC's environmental and social standards and guidelines. Primary duties include:
- Evaluate the environmental and social performance of MCC-funded activities and identify opportunities for enhancing project design and implementation. Support and ensure integration of environmental , climate and social considerations and good international practice into project design and implementation.
- Oversee MCC program development and implementation activities to ensure they are consistent with the MCC Environmental Guidelines, International Finance Corporation's Environmental & Social Performance Standards, and other international best practices.
- Review project-related documents including environmental, climate and social assessments and management plans, construction bidding documents, work plans, and ensure environmental, climate and social considerations are factored into the design, feasibility, implementation, timing, and costs of Compact activities.
- Conduct, direct, and/or evaluate complex environmental, climate and social assessments and analyses, management plans, and resettlement action plans.
- Manage consultants, and inter-agency agreements to ensure that environmental and social-related deliverables and work products are acceptable. Prepare and/or review terms of reference, budgets, timelines and cost estimates for ESP-related procurements for civil works and consultant services, and provide contract and project management support.
- Undertake regular site visits to MCC partner countries in support of project development and implementation.
- Enhance and develop the capacity of MCA partners and MCC staff to manage environmental, climate and social risks, impacts and opportunities throughout project development and implementation.
- Contribute to ESP Practice initiatives, provide intellectual leadership, and supervise and mentor junior ESP staff.
- Represent MCC to and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including other US Government agencies, NGOs, international development organizations, senior officials within the U.S. and MCC partner country governments and strengthen partnerships to enhance project results.
- Keep abreast of current thinking, approaches, policies and regulations related to relevant environmental, climate and social issues.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/614044500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.