This position is designed as a SES, Career-Reserved. USDA structures its SES positions into position levels. This is a position level two with a salary range of $177,307- $188,500 per year. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances. SES employees are also eligible to receive bonuses and performance-based awards. Visit http://www.opm.gov/ses/ for additional information and benefits for SES employees.Learn more about this agency
- Develops strategies, makes recommendations, and supports the broad mission, goals, and policies of APHIS Animal Care Programs.
- Plan and develop overall objectives, policies, and procedures for broad, goal-oriented Animal Care Programs affecting the areas of Field Operations. Provides executive direction essential to implementing program and policy objectives.
- Provides leadership in extending Animal Care Programs efforts by fostering and developing cooperative objectives and programs with Federal, State, foreign officials, and other interested groups or individuals.
- Keeps the supervisor and other officials fully informed of program and related considerations having significant bearing upon the planning, development, and administration of overall Animal Care Programs.
- Directs, coordinates, and continually appraises all field activities to determine overall effectiveness. Changes methods and procedures within the scope of Field Operations in order to promote and maintain effective operations.
- Provides leadership and direction in evaluating the effectiveness of Animal Care Program operations in terms of adherence to operating plans and time schedules, the maximum utilization of resources, and the quality of end results.
- Oversees the formulation of immediate and long-range budgets and staffing strategies based on past experience as well as anticipated workloads.
- Collaborates with other Deputy Administrators and APHIS officials in coordinating activities to fulfill the requirements for integrated programs as set forth in broad APHIS and Departmental planning systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613998400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.