About the Position: Serves as a Project Manager for the Corps of Engineers assigned to the Planning, Programs and Project Management Division within the Louisville District. Works under general supervision of the Section Chief, who makes assignments in terms of overall objectives and any limitations on the scope of projects. Incumbent plans and carries out assignments independently, setting own priorities and coordinating work, as necessary.Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a Life-Cycle Project Manager, with overall responsibility for managing the planning, scoping, development, design, construction, and direction of important civil works, inter-agency, inter-governmental, and work for others projects.
- Represent the District Commander, serving as the District's primary point-of-contact with sponsor/customer; MACOMs, Congressional interests, various Federal, state and local government agencies; and other external organizations.
- Assure the overall management, control, coordination and execution of assigned projects.
- Coordinate planning, design, cost-engineering, construction, and environmental restoration, etc., for engineering projects of substantial scope and complexity as measured by their diversity geographical area, varied command interests.
- Control and manages project milestones and budgets from planning through construction and initial operations.
- Review plans, designs, and specifications prepared by others for the improvement or alteration of existing or the eventual construction of new facilities.
- Responsible for overall project planning, execution, control and closure of civil works projects associated with flood risk management, hydropower, environmental, water supply, special projects, and other civil works related activities.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project delivery teams (PDTs) and manages resources in planning, engineering, acquisition, construction, real estate and other supporting activities with delegated decision authority to meet project objectives.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position 25 percent of the time or less.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613997700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.