This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Senior Engineer or Scientist for Reentry System Modeling and Analysis in the Strategic & Computing Systems Department: Strategic Systems Analysis & Assurance Division; Targeting, Planning & Execution Analysis Branch (Code A11) of the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division.
- You will function as the senior subject matter expert for research, modeling and analysis of Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile (SLBM) reentry systems.
- You will apply knowledge in the areas of SLBM missile trajectory control and performance, reentry body dynamics, fuzing and nuclear effects modeling to influence future system capabilities.
- You will provide organizational focus for flexible, adaptable and responsive capabilities that address concerns and challenges at a national strategic level.
- You will perform complex technical analysis of current reentry systems capabilities and employment of the TRIDENT II Strategic Weapon System (SWS), focusing on requirements, design, implementation and operational use.
- You will ensure efficient employment of today's reentry systems and propose/investigate technological enhancements that will improve the effectiveness of the SWS in U.S. strategic deterrence objectives.
- You will collaborate with other subject matter experts, other supporting government agencies and contractors to identify and develop weapon system capabilities that will enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the system.
- You will perform systems engineering activities to ensure proposed capabilities are evaluated for overall impact to the weapon system and employers of the system.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613986100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.