There are two positions in the Southwestern Region, one in Alpine, AZ one in Santa Fe, NM.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for conducting and interpreting fishery surveys and analysis, fish habitat restoration work, and providing technical guidance within the framework of multiple-use management of forest lands.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please see the Additional Information section of this vacancy announcement.
- The duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Develops plans related to the protection and management of aquatic resources, including fish passage, stream inventory, stream productivity, stream utilization, endangered or sensitive species, and habitat improvements or rehabilitation programs.
- Provides recommendations relating to fishery resource/fish habitat requirements, other management activities, including streamside/riparian area and watershed protection.
- Participates in management investigations and surveys necessary for protection, restoration and enhancement of fish habitat.
- Develops detailed project documents for sale area improvement.
- Recognizes problems that may develop and recommends preventative or mitigative actions.
- Develops detailed project documents as required.
25% or less - Occasional travel with overnight lodging may be required for meetings, training, workshops, and field/site visits.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613973600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.