This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Surface Forces Logistics Center, Engineering Services Division, Baltimore, MD.Learn more about this agency
This position is for that of Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) in the Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC), Engineering Services Division (ESD), Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Branch (NAME), Electrical Systems Section (ELEC SYS). This position is responsible for those activities associated with protecting HM&E information and information systems from unauthorized system activity or behavior and providing these systems with the appropriate levels of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Assisting Information System Owners (ISO) and Information System Security Officers (ISSO) with the RMF process including collection of information, analysis of security features, verification of controls, recommendations for implementation of controls, and other duties as defined by Coast Guard policy.
- Identifying, quantifying, and evaluating the costs/benefits of security functions and considerations to inform analysis of alternatives, engineering trade-offs, and risk treatment decisions. (NIST SP 800-160v1, system security engineering)
- Performing system security analyses in support of decision making, risk management, and engineering trades; (SP800-161)
- Demonstrating through evidence-based reasoning, that security claims for the system have been satisfied; (SP800-161)
- Ensuring appropriate treatment of risk, compliance, and assurance from internal and external perspectives. (SP800-181, cybersecurity workforce)
- Assisting ISOs and ISSOs with the maintenance of accreditations of PIT and PIT Systems throughout the acquisition and sustainment processes IAW Coast Guard policy.
- Assessing the adequacy of the security controls and their ability to protect the system and its information and ensure system confidentiality, integrity, and availability as well as compliance with applicable security requirements (NIST RMF Quick Start Guide)
Occasional travel - 1 - 5 days per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613954900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.