This is a TERM appointment. Initial appointment is 13 months. Agency has the option to extend up to 4 years.Learn more about this agency
This position is on the Angeles National Forest located in Arcadia, CA.
Incumbent performs productive general natural resource work assignments pertaining to utilities' infrastructure and activities on Forest resources.
For additional information, please contact Jamie Uyehara at 626-574-5256/626-372-6107 or Julie.uyehara.usda.gov.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level GS-09
- Present facts, issues, and positions that convey the intended information with the appropriate diplomacy and emphasis.
- Participate on interdisciplinary teams to provide resource specialist input.
- Perform a variety of operational natural resource activities in resource programs such as forest and environmental planning, recreation, special use permits, lands, and wilderness use.
- Evaluate diverse environmental conditions and proposed natural resource management actions or changing habitat conditions to address issues and/or successes.
- Participate in the administration of utilities? maintenance programs to maintain compliance with permit restrictions and protective measures.
- Draft reports identifying potential effect on sites proposed for development by utilities.
- Prepare biological assessments/evaluations for threatened endangered and rare species in support of a natural resource program.
- Write reports from wildlife use studies, botanic and habitat studies and field observations for use in planning and resource decisions.
- Assist in planning various natural resource and environmental protection programs.
- Gather data from studies use to determine appropriate use of utility sites and identify if design alterations may be required.
- Inspect campgrounds and other recreation areas to determine that improvements are properly maintained
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. Occasional travel for training and/or meetings. Also, project related work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613940100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.