The position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Infrastructure Services Division (ISD), Transport Services Branch (TSB), Network Section (NET) in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an IT Cybersecurity Specialist for Information Technology (IT) Project Manager tasks as defined by the NIST National Cyberskills Workforce Framework (NCWF), while directly managing information technology projects.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team.
- Developing methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of procurement functions in addressing information security requirements and supply chain risks through procurement activities and recommend improvements.
- Managing the internal relationship with information technology (IT) process owners supporting the service, assisting with the definition and agreement of Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
- Leading and overseeing the budget, staffing, and contracting.
- Negotiating the acceptance of agency positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives exercising independent judgement and discretion with DoD, DHS, and OMB.
- Monitoring and auditing the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential system (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613933800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.