Who May Apply: This announcement is open to current, permanent DFAS employees in the competitive service, Eligible DoD PPP Military Spouse preference applicants and current DFAS VRA employees.Learn more about this agency
Position Is Located In: INFO & TECHNOLOGY DIR OFFICE; CORPORATE SYSTEMS; INTERNAL SYSTEMS; LIFECYCLE TOOLS & REPORTING; ZTECD
This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate.
- Oversees the Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation of supported systems
- Provides expertise to ensure required certification and accreditation support documentation is properly prepared and submitted.
- Provides applicable advice and guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures in the operation of automated information systems to management and users.
- Ensures that all IA-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals. Monitors and stays abreast of new security policy and reviews system security and privacy policies for management.
- Oversees the security certification and accreditation of information systems. Develops local risk assessment policies.
- Prepares risk assessments for DFAS information systems using supporting automated assessment tools.
- Develops risk assessment strategies to meet special requirements.
- Provides expertise to ensure required certification and accreditation support documentation is prepared and submitted.
- Ensures that the security protections of newly developed systems and modified systems are adequately tested.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613921300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.