This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for STEM positions to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: CARA is a subordinate unit of the 20th CBRNE Command which is a major subordinate command to US Army Forces Command. We are building a highly trained and mobile command and control headquarters charged with defending the Nation both overseas and in the homeland.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and accomplish analytical chemistry studies and qualitative and quantitative analyses pertaining to inhalation toxicology and field hazard assessments.
- Prepare, plan and conduct difficult and complex analyses on a variety of sample matrix types to determine toxic industrial chemical/materials (TICs/TIMs) explosives and chemical warfare agents (CWAs).
- Operate advanced spectroscopic and chromatographic instrumentation.
- Advise on analytical schemes using chemical instruments and air-monitoring which will include sampling and analysis and method development.
- Perform analysis using techniques such as gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS), liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS), fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR) to support laboratory activities.
- Perform analysis using techniques such as Raman, X-ray diffraction, X-ray fluorescence to support laboratory activities.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 50% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613920700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.