This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN), Position Description Number D1650P01 and is part of the OH 178 Wing, Ohio Air National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in an Air National Guard intelligence unit. The purpose of the position is to provide information technology system support to the assigned unit. The incumbent provides systems administration support on workstations and servers using multiple operating systems.
As a IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN), GS-2210-11, you will perform the following duties:
(1) Serves as a technical expert and focal point for the installation and configuration of hardware and software on personal computers and for personal data assistants associated with assigned systems. Develops, modifies, and tests overall system backup and recovery strategies for assigned systems.
(2) Serves as a systems administrator responsible for planning, coordinating, modifying, implementing, and troubleshooting in order to meet customer needs. Work pertains to the administration of all systems, including a myriad of associated hardware platforms, software applications and numerous interfaces included in the Local Area Network (LAN).
(3) Serves as a technical expert on multiple operating systems and computer platforms. Determines equipment and communications requirements and interfaces with other systems. Evaluates machine usage and develops plans for the necessary acquisition to support future automation (hardware and software) requirements.
(4) Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends hardware/software changes to various computer systems. Considers factors such as compatibility with standard systems, conversion or implementation costs, and impact on existing equipment. Installs, configures and tests products and equipment being reviewed.
(5) Develops guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), bulletins and flyers regarding the operation/use of assigned C4 systems, services, and activities. Analyzes policies, regulations, and system provisions governing standard operating systems and provides assistance and advisory services to users.
(6) Implements systems software changes, operating system releases and maintains the operational status of systems. Coordinates with system developers resolving hardware and/or software malfunctions.
(7) Performs security management in accordance with National Guard Bureau (NGB) and Air National Guard (ANG) regulations and policies. Reviews and implements local policies regarding system access, network rights, and physical access to systems and equipment.
(8) Implements ANG policy relating to systems storage requirements. Analyzes system operations to identify inefficiencies and takes action to resolve problems and ensure optimal performance and consistency.
(9) Provides input to the ANG Continuity of Operation Plan (COOP) procedures for system disaster recovery. COOP recovery includes reestablishment of systems at multiple sites and locations.
(10) Installs and configures workstation or network operating systems, and applications software on a wide range of configurable information systems devices. Configures a wide variety of devices requiring diverse interfaces and device drivers in multiple operating system environments using a wide variety of hardware platforms. Enforces command standards for hardware and software configurations. Configures workstation security parameters. Troubleshoots and corrects software problems to include resolving conflicts between applications, hardware and/or device conflicts, and operating system faults. Detects and removes computer viruses. Restores critical data files. Updates hardware and software architecture databases to reflect installations, turn-ins, and changes in reportable software.
(11) Performs other duties as assigned.
Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description PD#: (D1650P01). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613915100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.