This position is located in the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Solution Delivery (SD) Division and is responsible for providing technical engineering services and integration support for VA IT architecture.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- OPM Cyber Code # 651 - Enterprise Architecture
- OPM Cyber Code # 451 - System Administrator
- OPM Cyber Code # 411 - Technical Support Specialist
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Duty Location Status: Will work remotely from home location
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD02444A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is predominantly sedentary but will require some walking, bending, and lifting. The work requires almost constant use of a video display terminal. Incumbent may be required to work additional hours to meet project deadlines. Travel will be requires to VA facilities and contractor locations, to attend national meetings, to conduct site visits, etc.
- Analyze, design and integrate solutions to optimize business processes and systems based on business requirements
- Provide innovative solutions to unusually complex technical problems and recommend IT requirements for VA facilities and management
- Conduct functional and connectivity testing to ensure continuing operability
- Develop and document systems administration standard operating procedures
- Analyze incident data and evaluate security architectures and designs to determine adequacy of security design
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613903000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.