This position is located in the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD) and is responsible for analysis, design, coding, and unit testing of internally developed software applications as well as technical support to projects and programs unrelated to assigned efforts, reviewing design artifacts and code.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- OPM Cyber Code #621 - Software Developer
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Duty Location Status: Will work remotely from home
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Application Software)/ PD18165A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is essentially sedentary but involves some moving and lifting. Travel to various
facilities, national and local meetings, is required.
- Assists Functional Analysts in the creation and documentation of software requirements and is significantly involved in coordinating with end users, business owners and Program Offices
- Leads the identification and translation of technical specifications into programming specifications and analyzes and designs enhancements and defect repairs for applications and enterprise systems
- Engineers and develops new software applications, new features for deployed applications, enhances existing functions and codes defect repairs to deployed applications using various technologies as assigned
- Codes software that optimizes and integrates legacy system components using current and emerging software principles,
methods and approaches to meet technical and functional requirements
- Maintains code repositories in conformance with established procedures and ensures that VA programming standards, quality standards, tools, techniques and processes are defined and implemented across the system with the goal of ensuring uniformity and consistency of work products
- Performs unit testing of developed software and testing of adherence to standards, debugging and validation of features developed and defect remediation applied
- Participates in implementation activities of software applications and remediation of identified defects
- Creates technical documentation in support of software design and technical aspects of products created
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 15% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613901000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.