Serves as a Cybersecurity Watch Officer in the NASA Security Operations Center and responsible for managing the activities related to 24/7/365 device monitoring, event correlation and analysis, incident response support, security configuration monitoring, malware forensics capabilities, and mitigation decisions. Collaborates with system owners and incident response teams to ensure effective security monitoring and remediation actions are performed.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Watch Officer in a Security Operations Center (SOC); monitors/analyzes the Agency?s IT security posture on a 24-7-365 basis. Identifies anomalous activities; ensures incidents are correctly analyzed, defended, investigated, and reported.
- Supports incident response teams; monitors security configuration, malware forensics capabilities, and mitigation decisions. Works closely with organizational incident response teams to ensure security issues are addressed quickly upon discovery.
- Reviews Agency IT security reports, advisories, and other SOC-related products for release to appropriate groups.
- Detects, analyzes, and responds to cybersecurity incidents using a combination of technology solutions and a strong set of processes. Monitors/analyzes activity on networks, servers, endpoints, databases, applications, websites, and other systems.
- Collaborates with teams to provide requirements to external program/project managers; gathers project related data/information, conducts project reviews, solicits feedback, and participates in meetings/conferences.
- Collaborates with system owners/operators to ensure effective security monitoring and remediation actions are performed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613900100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.