This position serves as the Associate Group Practice Manager (AGPM) reporting to the Group Practice Manager (GPM). The incumbent is responsible for Primary Care, Mental Health, Surgery, Medicine or Ancillary ambulatory clinics oversight and integration into an efficient Clinic Practice Management (CPM) model. This position is located at the Charles George VA Medical Center in Asheville, North Carolina.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include but not limited to:
- Reviews and provides input on regulations and policies for local interpretation, utilizing local group practice management (GPM) and communication strategies.
- Reviews and evaluates assigned processes and procedures to determine areas of effectiveness, efficiency, and improvement for proposal through local GPM group and supervisor.
- Analyzes and interprets complex data; researches and prepares comprehensive reports.
- Implements process improvement and training opportunities that support frontline employees in providing predictable, consistent and comfortable customer service experiences for Veterans, their caregivers and beneficiaries.
- Works with local personnel to integrate data analytics and measures with continuous process improvement utilizing LEAN, Six Sigma, and other improvement methodologies to meet and sustain ambulatory care goals and objectives.
- Assists clinic managers in forecasting the impact of staff changes and developing countermeasures to mitigate the effect of staff shortages on access to care.
- Provides administrative program advice of ambulatory care clinical support services.
- Monitors business and clinical analysis recommendation across service lines to determine trends and impact at the facility level.
- Utilizes advanced principles and strategies for access improvement to review and provide recommendations to Administrative and Clinical Leads (CLs), including identifying strategies to reduce backlogs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Telework: Available as needed.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Health System Specialist (AGPM)/PDS0022A and PDS0021A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613893300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.