Who May Apply: This announcement is open to United States Citizens.Learn more about this agency
Position Is Located In: INFO & TECHNOLOGY DIR OFFICE; CORPORATE SYSTEMS; DISBURSING SYSTEMS; DISBURSING SYSTEMS SUPPORT; ZTEDB.
This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the Information Technology Directorate.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to DFAS center program managers and field activities in his/her area of functional expertise relating to the implementation and operation of migratory finance and accounting systems.
- Serves as a financial analyst performing a variety of assignments related to administering accounting, disbursing, and financial system operations.
- Analyzes accounting and finance issues and proposes or modifies policy for organizations served. Reviews proposed agency policy changes issued at the operating level.
- Serves as a functional expert applying finance and accounting principles, theories, concepts, and practices to ensure that disbursing, financial management, and accounting systems produce accurate results and meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes and evaluates disbursing, accounting and financial policies, systems, and proposed system changes. Prepares system change requests to the existing automated systems, when it is determined systems are not processing as required.
- Provides test conditions and testing support for internal and external system change requirements.
- Develops, revises and maintains the user manuals, operating manuals, automated system descriptions, and explanation of system changes.
- Supports direct customer interactions on disbursing policy, and technical guidance related to the Deployable Disbursing System (DDS).
- Assesses trends to determine root causes on reoccurring disbursing customer inquires, and develops recommended solutions.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613890300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.