WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS & INTERNATIONAL (LB&I) DIVISION?
The Large Business and International (LB&I) business unit provides service and enforcement activities to support tax compliance of businesses and related entities with assets of $10 million or more, as well as small U.S. businesses engaged in international, U.S. citizens abroad, and foreign persons and businesses with a U.S. tax requirement.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN INTERNAL REVENUE AGENT DO? As an Internal Revenue Agent you will plan, conduct, and lead pre-filing and post-filing activities on the most complex business entities. You will initiate, plan, control, and execute all or parts of management initiated studies such as campaigns. You will serve as coach and mentor and will collaborate and coordinate with other experts, revenue agents, counsel, appeals, management, and industry to ensure emerging or strategic issues are identified. You will provide guidance on projects or programs and serve as an expert recommending changes to the tax code and the development of guidance and training. You will draft or review work projects involving emerging issues and areas of non-compliance. You will provide feedback to improve approaches to workload risk assessment.
This position is an IRA in the Withholding, Exchange, and International Individual Compliance (WEIIC) Foreign Payment Practice and Automatic Exchange of Information (FPP & AEOI) Program Office. In particular, an IRA in the FPP & AEOI Program Office administers and coordinates withholding agreements between the IRS and NRA individuals and foreign corporations, including qualified intermediaries and other foreign financial institutions.
As an Internal Revenue Agent you will:
- Maintain expertise through continuous learning activities needed to facilitate and coordinate the identification, development, and resolution of issues.
- Serve as an expert on technical issues by collaborating on the identification, risk assessment, development, and resolution of issues and develop technical content, training materials, and other resources to share knowledge, expand technical expertise, and ensure consistency and accountability in positions.
- Participate in project assignments, solving problems, identifying actionable events, meeting milestones and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Prepare, present, communicate, and collaborate with appropriate internal and external stakeholders on technical guidance and new approaches to emerging or existing issues.
- Ensure that the organization’s strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated and integrated into the Practice Area and LB&I goals, work products, and services.
- Make recommendations for development of new tax laws affecting technical issues and ensure emerging or strategic issues are identified from all potential sources and effectively escalated.
- Provide advice and guidance to examiners and respond to requests for information, including answering inquiries in a prompt and responsive manner, following up with guidance provided, and collaborating with others.
- Monitors the applicable team members and reports on the status and progress of work; reviews work in progress and completed work to ensure that the guidance and instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met.
- Assist in preparation of studies, memoranda, reports and presentation related to international information reporting and withholding, in particular, withholding agreements for qualified intermediaries (QIs, including qualified derivatives dealers (QDDs)), withholding foreign partnerships (WPs), withholding foreign trusts (WTs), and foreign financial institutions (FFIs), as well as for FATCA intergovernmental agreements (IGAs).
- Participate in the development and implementation of administrative programs to implement QI, WP, WT, and/or FFI agreements and to effectuate voluntary compliance with, and effective enforcement of, US tax laws.
- Maintain a continuing appraisal of the operations of the QI, WP, WT, and/or FFI agreements, related forms, and instructions for the purpose of identifying areas for amendment.
- Advise field personnel of procedures and guidelines relating to the implementation of provisions of international information reporting and withholding requirements, particularly the QI, WP, WT, and/or FFI agreements.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
25% or less - May be required to travel 25% or less nights per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613885600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.