Do you have a passion for public service? The United States Secret Service is looking for you! The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the USSS we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Protect Operations (OPO), is responsible for overseeing 11 operational divisions in planning, directing, coordinating and implementing protective policies, programs and operations of the USSS. The OPO protects our nation’s leaders and other designated individuals, designated facilities, and events of national significance by assessing threats and vulnerabilities and executing operational security plans. Duties may include:
- Serves as technical expert and provides technical guidance on all phases of statistical analysis, modeling, and simulation for directorate operational and business programs. Coordinates the work of other statisticians and analysts within and external to the directorate. Liaises with senior officials and technical advisors to ensure proper data collection and assessment.
- Plans, formulates, organizes, guides and conducts complex and in-depth assessments of operational and business programs. Determines appropriate methodologies and measures of effectiveness, and formulates and guides analyses based on defined constraints and risks to program success. Resolves all statistical problems occurring in the collection and summarization process.
- Advises management and provides expert, statistically-derived advice on risks impacting the agency’s protective mission and business operations. Presents recommendations orally and in writing to senior officials and top-level decision makers to gain acceptance of recommendations. Prepares and presents technical briefs, white papers and executive summaries advising high-level managers of advantages and disadvantages of different approaches to resolve or manage issues identified through complex analysis.
- Plans, formulates, organizes, guides and conducts complex analytical studies, such as simulations, using modeling techniques designed to increase process efficiencies; may coordinate the work of other statisticians and analysts.
- Develops written reports targeted to different audiences, including professional statisticians, agency leadership, the law enforcement community, and the general public. Reports present the results and conclusions of investigations, models, concepts and results of mathematical modeling projects and simulations.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613884600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.