This position is located on the Chattooga Ranger District of the Chattahoochee/Oconee National Forests with the duty location of Lakemont, Georgia.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent performs a variety of work in support of the unit wilderness/recreation program.
For additional information about these positions, please contact Barbara Ramey, at 706-754-6221 x105 , or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duties are at the full performance level, GS-07.
- Responsible for developing and carrying out operating plans for wilderness maintenance, rehabilitation, reconstruction, and construction projects based on approved direction in land management plans
- Participates in the identification and planning for future trail construction, reconstruction, maintenance, and restoration projects. Performs trail log, condition, and prescription surveys.
- Serves as a Forest Protection Officer (FPO). Issues notices of field violations when violations of regulations are encountered. Conducts investigations, collects evidence and prepares case reports on violations.
- Acts as liaison with community organizations and interest groups in order to stimulate interest and utilization of recreation facilities.
- Responsible for maintenance and care of assigned pack and saddle stock and for operation and maintenance of specialized equipment used in transport of livestock.
- Determines and recommends opportunities for community members to participate in programs and activities. Coordinates group visits with operational personnel and communicates schedules and requirements for logistical support.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613862500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.