These positions assist the District Conservationist in developing and carrying out a coordinated natural resources conservation program tailored to customers' needs and meeting USDA and NRCS requirements. Incumbent provides technical assistance to local government bodies, tribal entities, state and Federal agencies, private landowners, and the general public in the development, application, and maintenance of a coordinated natural resources conservation program.Learn more about this agency
- Assist in gathering and assembling preliminary data for all resource concerns for use in developing complete basic farm conservation plans.
- Understands all applicable NRCS and Farm Bill programs available to address resource concerns and explains cost share programs and payment procedures to applicants and contract holders.
- Carries out a follow-up schedule for applying soil conservation practices in accordance with plan and contract schedules.
- Utilize Toolkit/Protracts programs in the documentation and management of conservation plans and technical assistance by the service center.
- Work with District Conservationists to conduct environmental education on natural resource issues, water quality, and general conservation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613860900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.