This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Center for Global Health (CGH), Division of Global HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis (DGHT), International Laboratory Branch (ILB), Atlanta, Georgia.Learn more about this agency
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a Chemist you will:
- Work within an area of primary interest in the field of chemistry or biochemistry.
- Responsible for identifying, defining, and selecting specific problems for review, study and determining what appear to be the most fruitful investigations and approaches to the problem area.
- Formulate hypotheses and develop and carry out the review of chemical studies, coping with novel, difficult, and unexpected problems.
- Work with few guidelines due to the novel character of the work.
- Work involves technical problem definitions, methods, and/or data that may be highly incomplete, controversial or uncertain.
- Perform a key role in resolving issues that significantly affect scientific programs.
- Extend and modify approaches, precedents, and methods to solve a variety of chemical problems with unprecedented and obscure aspects.
- Utilize advanced technology, information resources and tools to accomplish work activities.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position - Domestic 10% International 15%
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613853000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.