NIST works with industry and science to advance innovation and improve quality of life. We're looking for a Research Chemist to join our team!Learn more about this agency
This notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which NIST has a severe shortage of candidates.
This position will:
- Plans and carries out difficult and complex assignments in a scientific, engineering, mathematics or information technology discipline with limited supervision.
- Develops new methods, approaches, and procedures usually in cooperation with coworkers or advisors.
- Works with peers and others to develop resolutions to complex or challenging issues and provide recommendations for improvements to meet program objectives.
- Completed work is expected to have a sound overall approach and effectively meet stated requirements.
- Work impacts the technical planning, completion, and direction of major scientific, mathematical, engineering, or information technology projects.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613852800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.