This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
This position is located in the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Cybersecurity Division (CSD), Threat Hunting (TH).
The primary purpose of the position is to serve as the IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC): . Typical work assignments include:
- Providing leadership, direction, and guidance for a multifunctional cyber operations team responsible for defending critical US information systems and technical assets
- Coordinating cybersecurity activities across multiple disciplines to ensure that US assets are adequately secured against technical threats in cyberspace.
- Leading cybersecurity threat evaluation activities and ensures that plans are in place to defend against those threats.
- Leading cybersecurity defense activities including the maintenance of indicators in intrusion detection and prevention systems, the evaluation of anomalous activities in network traffic, and the reporting of detected incidents and suspicious activity to relevant stakeholders.
- Leading incident response activities including forensic collection of images and artifacts, analysis of resulting data, and development of remediation and mitigation recommendations.
- Providing senior leadership with situational awareness on priority cyber defense actions and ensure that leaders are able to make informed decisions during critical events.
- Deconflicting and prioritizing actions taken by their team to ensure that efforts are coordinated and in alignment with strategic goals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613839300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.