This position is located within the Department of Veterans Affairs, Financial Services Center, High Performance Operations Division (HPOD) where incumbent serves as an IT Specialist in a Data Analyst role under the supervision of the Chief of Business Operations in Financial Technology Services (FTS). The IT Data Analyst is responsible for data analysis, data administration, data standardization, database management systems, query languages, table relationships and financial data modeling.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
422 -Data Analyst
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This announcement is non-bargaining
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Duty Location Status: Will work remotely from home
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Datamgt)/ PD18651A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary, although some slight physical effort may be required
- Analyze and define data requirements and specifications
- Develop standards, policies and procedures
- Manage the compilation, cataloging, caching, distribution, and retrieval of data
- Provide a managed flow of relevant information (via web-based portals or other means) based on mission requirements
- Analyze data sources to provide actionable recommendations
- Develop strategic insights from large data sets Program custom algorithms
- Provide actionable recommendations to critical stakeholders based on data analysis and findings
- Utilize different programming languages to write code, open files, read files, and write output to different files
- Building complex data structures with high level programming languages that support the operational and programming functions of the High-Performance Operations Division.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613790900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.