This position will serve as the Associate Laboratory Director (Director of Science) of the Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (FADDL), you will be responsible for providing managerial leadership by developing goals, budgetary and staffing needs for the FADDL Scientific staff in collaboration with the FADDL Director.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation incentive may be authorized but not guaranteed.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides scientific leadership in the guidance of a multi-disciplinary program for the diagnosis of foreign, emerging and zoonotic diseases.
- Provides direct oversight and review of the diagnostic techniques to ensure all methods are valid and meet established objectives and program requirements.
- Establishes goals and evaluates projects, proposed or conducted by the various laboratory sections; approves, disapproves or suggests modifications of each major project.
- Acts as a scientific advisor to both the FADDL Director and NVSL Director and assists Section Heads in planning projects and solving technical problems.
- Provides leadership in establishing quality assurance and maintaining ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Provides leadership in development of new procedures and laboratory techniques to improve diagnostic methods for disease of livestock at FADDL and in the NAHLN.
- Review diagnostic reagent production, standardization, and maintenance and distribution procedures .
- Takes part in foreign animal disease training.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613778400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.