Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a senior-level cyberspace operations specialist with responsibility to provide tactically flexible, persistent cybersecurity, and internal defensive measures for the organization's key terrain in cyberspace.
- Evaluates and makes determinations on organizational and/or system owners' cyberspace through functional mission analysis to identify risks and develop mitigation and countermeasure recommendations.
- Directs the improvement and hardening the defenses of organizational and/or system owners' key terrain and critical assets within cyberspace.
- Use risk-driven inputs to seek out and defend against an active adversarial threat on systems.
- Will be postured, empowered, and equipped to proactively defend its key terrain in cyberspace.
- Participates in discussions, meetings, committees, or special projects and presents briefings and prepares recommendations and reports.
- This is a developmental position with known promotion potential to the target position of Information Technology Specialist (Systems Analyst), GS-2210-12. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
- This position may be filled at any grade level. ?Individual selected may be promoted without further competition, upon meeting all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Military Spouse candidates exercising their preference will be placed at the full performance level, if considered to be best qualified and selected.
- This position may be subject to a formalized training program and pay retention of 150% of the maximum rate of the basic pay is authorized for candidates requesting a Voluntary Change to lower Grade.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613771100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.