The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) has adopted the HR Modernization and Shared Services Implementation, which is a new model of organizing and consolidating essential Human Resource (HR) functions and services to the Network level. Improvement to HR service delivery will best support the needs of the VISN's diverse workforce and the expectations of management related to the acquisition, compensation, retention, and performance.Learn more about this agency
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Recruitment & Placement
- Evaluates applications and resumes using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and Veterans Administration (VA) qualification standards, verifies eligibility, and rates and ranks applicants.
- Adjudicates and makes decisions on applicant appeals and agency's request to pass over (or objects to) eligible(s) certified. Provides input to the immediate supervisor on final decisions.
- Prepares or edits final drafts, examination announcement, recruiting plans, rating schedules and qualification inquiry forms in subject matter areas which the qualification and methods for their determination involve difficulty in definition and development.
- Prepares vacancy announcements based on Position Description (PD) and/or functional statements (FS) and Subject Matter Expert (SME) analysis of the position, qualifies/disqualifies applicants, and maintains all documentation for the job announcement.
- Coordinates and works with local and regional operations regarding priorities for positions to be filled.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to the human resources staff and management officials in all areas of staffing and recruitment, including priority placement, direct hiring, special hiring authorities, etc.
- Collaboratively evaluates trends in missions, technology, manpower, fiscal resources, and other factors influencing future needs;
- Advises on the selection of SMEs and the rating panel process.
- Researches qualifications and skills needed and ensures the job analysis is properly formulated with subject matter experts to garner highly qualified applicants.
- Provide staffing advice including career and career conditional competitive service appointments, temporary appointments, term appointments, excepted service appointments and special appointment authorities (Veteran Recruitment Act, Schedule A, Reinstatement, Direct Hire Authority, etc.).
Work Schedule: 8:00am-4:30pm (office hours schedule to change based on site location requirements)
Telework: : Available (According to agency policy)
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. (Virtual assignments will NOT be negotiated)
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist/PD99998A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613734000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.