This position is located on the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest, Pintler Ranger District in Philipsburg, Montana.Learn more about this agency
The position is located on a Forest Service unit and serves as a member of the trails maintenance team performing a variety of duties in support of the unit's trails program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact William Shoutis at 406-859-8219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serves as a member, trails maintenance team, to maintain, repair, and build trails throughout the Forest Service unit to ensure protection of wildlife habitat and water quality in addition to improving recreational access to forest lands.
- Builds trails with gravel and associated materials, restores impacted areas, and replaces signage as needed.
- Prepares construction materials, ensures proper tool maintenance, and reports work completed.
- Plans and implements the logistics of projects associated with trail maintenance and reconstruction projects.
- Explains regulations concerning trails maintenance specific to the Wilderness Act.
- Inspects assigned areas to determine compliance with regulations or specifications.
- Oversees routine maintenance of trails at dispersed recreation sites including cleanup and naturalizing.
- May interact with forest visitors and when assigned, educates visitors covering trail maintenance and cleanup.
75% or less - Overnight travel may be required for training, meetings, and site visits. Overnight camping will be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613680000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.