This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Intelligence Systems Product Line, Intelligence Mission Systems Branch, Suitland, MD.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (CUSTSPT/INFOSEC) and be responsible for managing the suite of enterprise Intelligence Data Systems supporting Intelligence Analysts and operations around the world.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Conducting project management and governmental oversight of system development, operations and maintenance for data center capabilities residing both in on premise and in an off-premise Commercial Cloud environments
- Ensuring that all acquisitions, procurements, and outsourcing efforts address information security requirements.
- Acting as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully
- Reviewing service performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating, where necessary, corrective actions and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up
- Routinely exercises independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters
- Gathering feedback on customer satisfaction and internal service performance to foster continual improvement
- Monitoring and audits the schedule, cost, design, analysis, operational performance and/or internal security procedures of national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems
- Negotiating for the acceptance of agency positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives exercising independent judgment and discretion with DoD, DHS, OMB on national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems, including advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations, IT cyber acquisitions, cyber security continuous diagnostics and monitoring
25% or less - 25% or less travel.
13 - Position may be filled at the GS-11, GS-12 or GS-13 level. Promotion potential to the GS-13 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613658600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.