This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Mission Support, Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology, CG C5I Service Center, ESD-Tech, Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC) and be responsible for managing information technology projects.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Managing and maintaining technical document repository for all C5I systems of record.
- Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures governing creation, feedback, revisions and dissemination of technical specifications and publications.
- Monitoring appropriate systems of record to determine reliability and sustainability of C4ISR systems and components.
- Executing the Maintenance Procedure Card (MPC) development processes.
- Executing the Reliability Centered Maintenance analysis and Maintenance Requirements List development processes.
- Executing of Configuration Management processes related to maintenance planning and sustainment.
- Acting as a primary stakeholder in the System Engineering Lifecycle artifact development and logistic functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully.
- Performing needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions.
- Providing recommendations for possible improvements and upgrades.
- Reviewing service performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating, where necessary, corrective actions and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up.
- Exercising independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613656800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.