This position is located in the Cybersecurity Division (CSD) within Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). The Cybersecurity Division leads cybersecurity efforts for CISA as the Nation's flagship civilian cyber defense organization. The division collaborates with partners across the government and private sector to enhance the Nation's cybersecurity by sharing information, providing cybersecurity services and technical assistance, as well as through education and awareness.Learn more about this agency
The Senior Technical Officer is responsible for incorporating emerging technologies and drives integration of data and capabilities to enhance the cybersecurity and cyber defense capabilities of CISA and the Federal Civilian Executive Branch (FCEB). The Senior Technical Officer focuses on planning and execution of cybersecurity initiatives, cross-division integration, and alignment to division, agency, and the department's strategic guidance and policy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serving as a strategic advisor for the Senior Technical Director (TD) and the Executive Assistant Director (EAD) of the Cybersecurity Division (CSD), focusing on emerging technologies and CSD's capabilities.
- Developing strategy documents and roadmaps to shape CSD's future technical direction.
- Assisting with the integration and development of programs and program strategies to improve cybersecurity and cyber defense operations of CSD and CISA stakeholders.
- Providing leadership, governance, oversight, and guidance to highly technical subject matter experts embedded within the CSD subdivisions.
- Representing the EAD and Deputy/EAD in highly technical discussions with inter-agency mission partners such as the FBI, NSA, and others, including international, State, local, territorial and tribal (SLTT) and private sector senior leadership.
- Representing CSD and participating in the development, implementation and management of the CSD IT roadmap development, ensuring that the future IT state delivers the capabilities to address the advancements of TTP used by our cyber adversaries.
- Developing requirements for future cybersecurity capability research and development.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613621400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.