Open to United States CitizensLearn more about this agency
First cut off will be 09/22/2021. To ensure consideration, submit your application early.
Remote telework outside of the commuting area is not authorized for this position. Per DFAS Rome policy, commuting area is considered to be within the following counties: Oneida, Madison, Herkimer, Onondaga, Lewis, and Oswego. Applicants must live within one of these counties or move to one prior to starting the position if they receive/accept an offer for these positions.
- Performs duties for the full range of accounts and types of transactions that support validating, monitoring, controlling, and maintaining accounting transactions and accounting records/ledgers for multiple accounts.
- Enters data into the applicable system(s); compares transactions entered to those intended and corrects invalid/incorrect entries.
- Periodically screens files for accuracy and compatibility. Receives extracts, records and balances data in automated systems.
- Responds to questions from customers or co-workers regarding accounting data, discrepancies, and procedures.
- Researches minor problems covering all aspects of processing technical accounting data, compiles, analyzes, and summarizes data from systems, documents, and reports.
- Explains procedures and problems and takes corrective actions as necessary to ensure the accuracy and propriety of transactions and records.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613598700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.