The Battle Creek VA Medical Center is recruiting for a Health System Specialist (Group Practice Manager). The Health System Specialist (Group Practice Manager) will function under the Chief of Staff.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description #: 91380-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- Ensuring a high-quality Veteran experience by acting on continued feedback from Veteran customers, family/significant others, engaged employees and expert clinical teams.
- Providing oversight and administrative operations management of all ambulatory care services in Battle Creek and related CBOCs, including Primary Care, Mental Health, Medical/Specialty Care, and Clinical Support Services, integrating all aspects of ambulatory care into the Group Practice Management structure.
- Ensuring a high-quality patient experience for the Veteran, by acting on feedback from the Veteran, his or her family and/or significant others, facility employees, and expert clinical staff.
- Providing data and reports in their work in development of strategic plans for the facility as it relates to access to care.
- Measuring and providing recommendations with an emphasis on improving clinical product line performance.
- Ensuring an exceptional Veteran patient experience is the development, standardization, implementation, and sustainment of key operational/business processes, including scheduling practices, to ensure efficient and effective management of the clinic.
- Identifying and recommending improvements to optimize clinic management processes, access strategies, and "make-buy" decisions through analysis of in-house and non-VA provided care.
- Continuously aware of opportunities for increased efficiencies to support a lean organization and facilitate and implement opportunities for promising change and continuous improvement.
- Working in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and is delegated full authority and responsibility for practice management operations.
- Participating in policy-making, planning and management decisions impacting the operation of health care delivery.
- Working independently with Clinical Service Chiefs/Care Line Managers, Nurse Managers, Patient Business Service Supervisors, and Administrative Officers to address their administrative process/system issues and problems.
- Advising management relative to access management processes, priorities, and developments within ambulatory care which require consideration due to their impact upon the Veteran experience and the organization by expert data analyses of performance related to existing internal and/or external requirements.
- Providing access related consultative services, working in collaboration with facility Service Chiefs, to review and develop guidance and policies that will facilitate standardized processes within the facility and applicable CBOCs, etc.
- Collaborating with staff from other facilities and to work on higher level project groups to review and make recommendations for facility and/or VISN level policies, procedures, systems, requirements, documents, and business or access analysis initiatives.
- Utilizing VSSC, Pyramid Analytics, OPES, Data Warehouse, and other applications to perform sophisticated data analysis, including extracting data from internal and external databases, analyzing and interpreting complex data using basic statistical models, and designing and preparing user friendly reports related to all clinical services under the COS as mentioned above.
- Implementing process improvement and training opportunities that support frontline employees in providing predictable, consistent and comfortable customer service experiences for Veterans, their caregivers and beneficiaries
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613592100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.