This position is located in Yosemite National Park, in the Forestry Division.Learn more about this agency
Career/Career-Conditional Full-time appointment.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
- Climbs and performs tree hazard removal work in a variety of broadleaf and coniferous trees. Uses specialized equipment and techniques developed for tree work to perform these tasks.
- Recognizes tree defects, species characteristics, and other environmental conditions that may affect or compromise climber safety.
- Uses chainsaw to take down trees of all sizes and complexity with accuracy in developed and non-developed areas. Uses tree felling cuts and specialized tools to fell trees in desired direction.
- Recognizes tree species, defects, wood characteristics and environmental hazards that may alter desired felling results.
- Designs, installs, utilizes, and maintains complex material handling gear and rigging systems. Uses rigging gear to catch, lower, or move large sections of trees in very limited spaces, such as above or between buildings, without causing damage to property or equipment.
- Operates heavy equipment to maneuver logs, trees, and slash around standing trees and buildings on uneven terrain without damaging property or equipment. The operator uses equipment to move trees and load trucks. Drives loaded trucks on steep mountainous roads in muddy, icy, or snow conditions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613585500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.