The Psychology Service at VA Boston Healthcare System is seeking a full-time Health System Specialist. The position is located at our Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts campus. This position is full-time at 40 hours per week.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for providing a high level of administrative systems, supervisory, data analytic, and technical support to the Psychology Service. The incumbent must become thoroughly familiar with the organization of Psychology training programs, the significant complexities associated with the discipline/employment matrix between Psychology Service and clinical, research, and other organizational units employing psychologists. The incumbent must develop a thorough knowledge of VA administrative policies, regulations, and budgetary planning, and technical competency; and demonstrate personnel management, office systems design, program evaluation, database management, and data analytic skills. The incumbent additionally oversees coordination of the annual week-long trainee orientation and a selection process that involves management of over 600 applications from trainee applicants recruited across the nation, over 6-10 interview days of trainee applicants, full-day interviews for 200+ applicants and part day interviews for an additional 20 applicants.
Work schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available
Telework: May be authorized. Telework Ad-Hoc work can be performed on an as needed basis anywhere other than a VA facility or using VA-leased space (example: home).Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Health System Specialist, 523-00939-0 (GS-9); 523-00625-0 (GS-11)
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- This position is an AFGE Bargaining Unit position.
- This position is covered by locality-based comparability pay.
- May be required to attend conference at other facilities or other VA sites on occasion.
- Veterans' preference does not apply for other current permanent Federal agency employees.
- Time-in-Grade Restriction - Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. The grade may have been in any occupation but must have been held in the Federal service.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613575900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.