The position is located within Service Quality & Support, Enterprise Command Operations (ECO), Service Operations (SO), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Office of information and Technology (OIT) for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The incumbent serves as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist with duties associated with one or more IT specialty area in support of the Organization.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
NCWF Code 431 - Knowledge Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Duty Location Status: Will work from a VA owned or leased space.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (PLCYPLN)/ PD18600A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work may require some physical effort, such as walking, bending or standing. The work often requires long hours to meet project deadline and to devise corrective action and solutions to unexpected technical and/or management crises resulting in sometimes highly stressful work situations. The work requires almost constant use of a video display terminal.
- Independently analyzes and solves problems, including requirements, corrective actions and plan modifications.
- Oversees the day to day operations and facilitation of systems development, acquisitions and deployment.
- Oversees periodic reviews of initiatives to assess compliance with policy and plans, use of standards, interoperability and security, and prepares reports of the findings providing recommendations for approved corrective actions.
- Leads and manages the development of appropriate acquisition strategies, plans, documentation and milestones, and contract awards to support program requirements.
- Responsible for the execution and assessment of a multi-million-dollar budget supporting ITWD and OIT initiatives and IT Programs.
- Responsible for the management and administration of processes and tools that enable the organization to identify, document, and access intellectual capital and information content.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613568300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.