About the Position: As a Community Planner, Regional Economist, Archeologist, Biologist, Ecologist, Wildlife Biologist, Fish Biologist, Civil or Environmental Engineer, Landscape Architect or a Physical Scientist for the US Army Corps of Engineers' South Atlantic Division, located in Atlanta, GA this positions works with the Corps five district location offices of the Corps Resource Management Division, located in Wilmington, NC; Charleston, SC; Savannah, GA; Jacksonville, Fl; and Mobile, ALLearn more about this agency
- Serves as Major Subordinate Command senior expert on plan formulation and Civil Works water and related land resource projects within the regional area of a large Corps of Engineers Division.
- Manages and provides quality assurance for plan formulation and Civil Works policy compliance performed within the Division and subordinate Districts.
- Serves as an expert in national forums on the formulation of water and related land resource projects requiring analysis of a broad base of scientific and technical information in developing sound and economically feasible alternatives.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance on plan formulation and policy matters to Division leadership, District leadership, Headquarters, other divisions, other government agencies and private interests.
- Ensures consistent application of water and related land resource planning policies and general policy guidance issued by Headquarters United States Army Corp of Engineers, ASA(Civil Work), or other Administration elements.
25% or less - You may be expected to temporary travel for this position 15% of the time in support of the mission.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613564600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.