This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
This position is located in the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Cybersecurity Division (CSD), Threat Hunting (TH).
The primary purpose of the position is to serve as the IT Cybersecurity Specialist. . Typical work assignments include:
- Collaborate with intelligence analysts/targeting organizations involved in related areas. Conduct in-depth research and analysis. Evaluate threat decision-making processes. Generate requests for information. Identify threat tactics and methodologies.
- Brief threat and/or target current situations. Monitor and report changes in threat dispositions, activities, tactics, capabilities, objectives, etc. as related to designated cyber operations warning problem sets. Monitor and report on validated threat activities.
- Monitor open source websites for hostile content directed towards organizational or partner interests. Monitor operational environment and report on adversarial activities which fulfill leadership's priority information requirements.
- Document and escalate incidents (including event's history, status, and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment. Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise
to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613555800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.