The incumbent is an Information Technology (IT) Category Manager within the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Strategic Sourcing, Category Management Division and is responsible for IT Services category management activities with focus on IT spend categories and trending analysis. The position requires knowledge of, and experience performing activities related to IT project management, IT requirements analysis, and acquiring IT services under contract for large organizations.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
801 - Program Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available with supervisor approval.
Duty Location Status: Will work remotely from home.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD17567A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items, such as papers, books, or small parts, or drive a motor vehicle. Beyond conventional office work, the conduct of facility-level audits requires regular and recurring physical exertion, such as extended periods of standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, and similar activities during inventory records validation.
- Leads technical implementation teams to ensure the successful integration of IT programs, services and commodities pertaining to category management.
- Develops project documentation, deliverables, and reports (e.g. status reports, issues tracking, etc.). Identifies and escalates environmental influences and other external and internal risks that may impact project success.
- Will prepare recommendations that communicate complex technical requirements to technical and non-technical personnel. Presents recommendations on adoption of new IT technologies that accurately meet customer requirements, are aligned with agency enterprise architecture and infrastructure, and mitigate organizational risk.
- Recommended items for purchase will be analyzed to comply with all VA information security standards, and upcoming trends will be identified and shared with stakeholders.
- Create and write complex category management plans and develops guidelines and standards regarding implementation.
25% or less - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613553100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.