The Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) (USD(C)), Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Department of Defense (DoD) is responsible for carrying out the functions assigned by Title 10, United States Code, section 135. The USD(C) also is responsible for ensuring that the utmost economy and efficiency is applied to the acquisition programs of the department through sound business management and effective fiscal planning and control.Learn more about this agency
Incumbent typical work assignments may include the following:
- Researches, analyzes, and organizes facts and materials to develop written material, reports, and other materials related to the Department's budget and/or financial management programs.
- Analyzes, tracks, prepares and publishes funding tables reflecting the legislative marks and final authorization and appropriation of the DoD portion of the President's Budget.
- Monitors and provides guidance to DoD components and elements of OSD regarding budgetary policies and procedures.
- Performs a review and analysis of the budgetary impacts of legislative proposals for compliance with established criteria and ensures proper reflection of approved budget decisions.
- Prepares required financial data and analyses to respond to congressional data requests relating to budget formulation and execution.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613546300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.